Send automated online tests when candidates move to the written test round for any position you’re hiring.
For example, if you’re assessing candidates for the role of Full-stack Developer, here’s how you can trigger an automated test when they reach the written test round of interviews.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Step 1 - Integrate with an online assessment app
- Step 2 - Set up the automated online test trigger workflow
- Step 3 - Customize the workflow to send the online test to the candidates
Step 1 - Integrate with an online assessment app
Integrate your account with any of the online assessment apps partnered with Freshteam (HackerEarth, Codility, HackerRank, ClassMarker, Mettl, etc)
Here’s how you can enable the assessment integration tool you want:
1. Go to Settings > Integrations with other Apps > Integrations
2. Scroll down to the Assessments section and enable the required integration
3. Enter the API key to complete the integration. You can also refer to the integration ‘How to’ guides that appear on the right side of the window
Step 2 - Set up the automated online test trigger workflow
Let’s continue with the example mentioned above—if you need to trigger the automated test for candidates applying for the position of a full-stack developer,
1. Go to Recruitment > Recruit from the left menu in the dashboard
2. Select the job for which you want to set up the online test and click on ‘View Job Details'.
3. Click on the ‘Hiring Workflow’ tab that you see at the top of the job details page.
4. Select ‘Manage Autopilot Workflows’ > ‘Send online test’ from the Sample Templates section
Name your Autopilot Workflow (For ex. Written round assessment)
Now comes the part where you set up the automated online test trigger as and when the candidate moves to the written test stage of interviews.
Step 3 - Customize the workflow to send the online test to the candidates
You will find three columns on your page—Events, Conditions, and Actions.
Setting up the ‘Event’ defines at which stage of the hiring process the automation should be triggered—when the candidate’s application gets added to the job/ when a candidate gets moved to a new stage, etc.
So to automatically trigger an online test when a candidate reaches the written test round, select the event(s) that should trigger the workflow—In this case, we would want to trigger the workflow as soon as the candidate moves to a new stage.
Choose ‘Gets moved to a new stage’ as the event for your workflow.
Next, select the condition(s) that should be met for the workflow to trigger.
Conditions define the criteria for the automated workflow to get triggered—number of years of experience, stage of interview, etc.
In this case, we would like to trigger the workflow if the candidate has reached the written test stage in the interview process
Click on the condition section and the plus button to add a condition.
Click on the first drop-down menu and select the ‘Stage Name’ option.
Add the value on which you want to run the auto-pilot workflow. In this case, it would be ‘Written test’ > and click on ‘Next’.
Define the Action to be taken for candidates that meet the criteria for your automation and mention the reason for the action.
Click on the Action section and the plus button to add an Action.
Click on the first drop-down menu and select the ‘Send Test’ option.
Select your assessment service. For this example, let’s use HackerRank.
Select the online test which you want to send to the candidate.
You may choose to notify the hiring team when the candidate completes the test, and also notify the candidate about the test with a personalized email.
4. Don’t forget to hit ‘Save’.
You’ve just created your first Automatic Online Test Trigger! Congratulations!