Accessible to Admin, Account Admin, and HR Partner.
The new hire onboarding is one of the very first interactions you have with your employees. It is the first image you create about your company and its culture in their mind. Freshteam helps you handle it smoothly.
Even before the new hires step in, you can send them the forms to be filled or documents to be signed and then follow up with gentle reminders. You can collect the completed forms and save them in the employee’s database along with other information that can be accessed anytime.
Initiating Onboarding in Freshteam
To add a new hire and initiate Onboarding, follow the below simple steps.
Go to Employees > Onboarding from the left menu
Click on the +New Hire button to add a new hire.
Fill in all the candidate information in the modal that slides in and click on the Save button.
- A new entry for the candidate would be created in the New Hire Queue phase in the onboarding list.
- Click on the Send Welcome Kit option for the newly created entry to start the onboarding process.
- Fill in the relevant details about the candidate and the job role in the Joining Info section and click on the Next button on the top right.
In the Document Sharing section, select the list of documents that you want to send to the candidate. Click on Next to move to the next step.
- The next panel shows the Welcome Email that would be sent to the new hire. You can use the pre-existing template or edit the same as per your judgment.
- Click on the Preview & Send option on the top right. You would be able to preview the email and the New Hire Form that would be sent to the candidate. Below is the preview of the email that would be sent to the candidate.
- Click on the Next button at the top right to preview the screen that the candidate would see when he/she clicks on the Start Onboard button.
- Click on the Next button to preview the New Hire Form
You can custom create your company's New Hire Form to ask the right set of information that you want to collect from new hires during the onboarding process. Here is a detailed article to understand more on how to set up your New Hire Form.
Click on the Send button after you preview the form.
You would observe that the new hire would have moved to the Onboarding Initiated stage.
- As the next step, you can also Initiate the internal checklist of onboarding action items by clicking on the Initiate Checklist option for the new hire. Here is an article to know more about creating an onboarding checklist.
You can click on the Save as draft option anytime during the onboarding process to save your progress and resume it at a later point in time.
If your new hire hasn't started his/her onboarding yet, gently nudge them with subtle reminders by selecting the specific candidate and clicking on Bulk Actions > Send Welcome Kit Reminder option