Candidates can apply directly to job postings through the career site, job embeds, and the Facebook app tab. But there are also several other ways to add candidates for consideration. You can
- Add a candidate directly. This is possible only if you are a recruiter, a hiring manager, an admin or account admin.
- Add a candidate from the Talent pool. This is possible only if you are a recruiter, a hiring manager, an admin or account admin.
- Add a candidate through an email. Say, a candidate writes to email@example.com, their application will be available in the 'Email applicants' tab.
- Refer a candidate to a job posting through the employee portal.
- Refer a candidate through email.
- Apply for a job posting yourself.
Adding candidates directly
Account admins, admins, hiring managers and recruiters can add a candidate manually to a job posting.
- Go to the specific job posting and click on "Add candidate" button to the right top of the screen.
- A pop-up screen with fields drawn from the application form associated with the job posting will appear. Just fill in all the mandatory fields and hit save. Once you do, the candidate will receive a notification that they've been added to a job posting.
Talent pool addition
The talent pool is where 'misfit' candidates reside i.e candidates who applied for a particular job posting but were actually perfect for another job role. When you come across a candidate like that, you can archive them to the talent pool.
When you click on the 'From Talent Pool' option in the 'Add Candidates' dropdown, Freshteam pulls up a list of candidates, who have been tagged with the same job role, in the talent pool.
When you move a candidate to an open job, you have the option of notifying them.
Adding a candidate through email
Candidates who apply via email will be listed under the "Email Applicants." (a.k.a Email Applicants) tab under the Recruit > Candidates section. Recruiters can map an email applicant to the respective job posting or choose to archive these applicants to Talent Pool. When you map an applicant to a job posting, you can also choose to notify them.