A Time Off Policy would let your employees know how your workweek is defined, the types of leaves offered, the number of leaves for each type, and view the rules for accruals, carryovers, lapses, and so on. In this article, we’ll show you how you as an Admin can create multiple Time Off policies for each team or office location.
Before you configure your Time Off policy, here are some prerequisites:
Step 1: Set up your Time Off preferences. These preferences are permanent and cannot be changed once the Time Off policy period begins.
Step 2: Set up your Time Off types. Let your employees know the different types of holidays provided by your company.
Step 3: Set up the workweek. This defines the number of working days in your company. If you have multiple office locations with their own workweek and Time Off Policy, you can create multiple workweeks.
Once the above steps are done, you can set up the Time Off Policies for your company. Here are the steps to set up a Time Off Policy,
1. Head to Settings > Time Off > Time Off Setup > Policy.
2. Click the New Policy button. You can either use a default Time Off template based on your work country or create a Custom Policy.
3. On the page that follows, provide the following information:
Policy Name. You can also make this a default Time Off Policy for all the employees in your company.
Select your Workweek and your Holiday Calendar.
Enter your Policy Period and the applicable date. This defines the month and the date from which your policy becomes applicable.
4. Choose the Time Off types that should be included in the policy and configure the rules for each Time Off type. You can edit the rules of the existing Time Off types or create a new Time Off type.
5. Once your fill in the details, click on the Save button at the top right of the screen to save the policy. You can also click on the Save & Map Employees button to instantly map a set of employees to this policy. This can be done based on the employees' team and location.
- Understanding the rules while setting up a Time Off Policy
- Understanding Time Off Types
- Creating custom Time Off Types