Freshteam allows you to define your Time Off policy in terms of hours instead of days. This is useful if your company manages time-tracking in hours depending on the nature of your business or due to government compliances.
Note: Currently, employees can apply for hourly time off from the web application only. We would soon be introducing this capability through our mobile application as well.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Creating an Hourly Time Off policy
The first step in leveraging the hourly time-off capability is to set up an hourly time-off policy. Here are the steps:
1. Head to Settings > Time Off Setup > Policy.
2. Click on the 'New policy' button at the top right of the screen.
3. You can use an existing template or create a custom policy by clicking on the 'Create Custom Policy' button.
4. Fill in the Policy Details in the window that appears.
5. Provide a name for the policy and choose ‘Hours’ as the time-off calculation method.
6. Select the working hours in your company. This would be the standard against which your employees book their time off.
7. Select the Workweek, Holiday Calendar, Policy Period, and Start Date for the policy.
You would notice that once you 'Hours' option in the above step, you will start seeing different Time-off Types in hours in the Time-off Rules section.
8. Enter the allotted time-off hours against each Time-off Type.
9. Setup different policy rules for Accrual, Balance, etc. by clicking on different tabs
10. Once that’s done, hit the 'Save' button at the top right.
You would now be able to see this Policy in the list of active time-off policies.