Accessible to Admin, Account Admin, HR Partner, Recruiter, Limited HR Partner and Limited Recruiter
One of the major actions performed as part of recruitment is Interviewing. With Freshteam, you can easily schedule interviews and do so much more. While scheduling an interview, you can also notify the candidate - either immediately or schedule the invitation for a later time.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Quick guide to Scheduling Interviews
1. Go to the Candidate 360 page of the candidate with whom you wish to schedule the interview.
2. You can also do so through Recruitment > Recruit > Relevant Job and select the specific candidate or by going to the Recruit > Candidates view and clicking on the candidate's name.
3. Click on 'Schedule' present on the top of the candidate name if the candidate is in the "Interview Stage", otherwise click on the "three dotted icons" to find the "Schedule" option.
4. You can choose to schedule the interview yourself or allow the candidate to self-schedule the interview. Read more about candidate self-schedule.
Schedule Interview Now Option
1. Click on 'Add Interviewer' and select the relevant interviewer from the drop-down list of panel members.
2. You would be able to view the schedule of the interviewer and select the relevant slot. You can also customize the interview stage, interview scorecard and add specific competencies and instructions for the interviewer.
Here's a quick breakdown of all the options in the screen:
- Interview type - You can choose whether the interview is a face-to-face interview or a telephonic interview or an online interview using tools like Skype Interviews here. Depending on the interview, you can schedule multiple rounds of interviews.
- Panel member - Select the panel member who will interview the candidate. This can be typically any panel member or the hiring manager of the associated job posting. Once you choose a panel member, if you've linked a Calendar, the panel member's schedule should be visible here.
- Stages - This is the corresponding stage in the hiring plan - technical round, culture fit, etc.
- Duration - The time you expect this interview to last.
- Room - If you've linked your Freshteam account to Google Rooms, you can choose a meeting room from this drop-down list.
3. If you'd like to schedule multiple interviews at once, you can hit the 'Add interviewer' button below.
4. You can also schedule multiple interviews for the same round with different panel members at different times.
5. Once you hit 'Schedule and Continue' in the bottom right of this pop-up, a notification mail will open which you can send to your candidate.
6. You can notify the candidate via email and share the relevant details for the same.
7. Freshteam will schedule the interviews and notify the panel members of the same.
When you're scheduling an interview, it isn't just the interviewer who needs to know the details. The moment you chose to 'Save and Continue', the next screen shows a pre-populated template that you can use to email the candidate with all the relevant details.
You can edit the content or just email the template to the candidate by clicking on 'Notify the Candidate'. Alternatively, you can also load canned responses from the email editor.
You can view the information saved for the interviewer with the 'View Interview Kit' option that appears next to a scheduled interview. Upon clicking this you will arrive at the Interview Prep Notes page with all the information the interviewer needs.