You can schedule an interview with a candidate if your role is that of a recruiter, an admin or an account admin. While scheduling an interview, you can also notify the candidate - either immediately or schedule the invitation for a later time.
Quick guide to scheduling interviews
- Go to the Candidate 360 page of the candidate with whom you wish to schedule the interview. You can do so through Recruit > Jobs > Job posting or by going to the Recruit > Candidates view and clicking on the candidate's name.
- Click on "Schedule Interview" for a full screen to drop down.
- Here's a quick breakdown of all the options in the screen:
- Interview type - You can choose whether the interview is a face-to-face interview or a telephonic interview or an online interview using tools like Skype Interviews here. Depending on the type of interview, you can schedule multiple rounds of interviews.
- Panel member - Select the panel member who's going to interview the candidate. This can be typically any panel member or the hiring manager of the associated job posting. Once you choose a panel member, if you've linked a Calendar, the panel member's schedule should be visible here.
- Stages - This is the corresponding stage in the hiring plan - technical round, culture fit etc.
- Duration - The length of time you expect this interview to last.
- Room - If you've linked your Freshteam account to Google Rooms, you can choose a meeting room from this drop down.
- If you'd like to schedule multiple interviews at once, you can hit the 'Add interviewer' button below.
- You can also choose to notify the candidate right from this screen.
Once you hit 'Schedule' in the bottom right of this pop-up, Freshteam will schedule the interviews and notify the panel members of the same.
While scheduling the interview, you can choose the competencies you want this particular interviewer to focus on.
- In addition to that you can also leave a note or attach relevant documents for the interviewer with other instructions and information you would like to convey.
When you're scheduling an interview, it isn't just the interviewer who needs to know the details. Instead of switching screens or applications, you can simply hit 'Notify the candidate' option in the bottom left. This option loads a pre-populated reply template with all the relevant information. You can edit the content or just email the template to the candidate. Alternatively, you can also choose to load canned responses from the email editor.
You can view the information saved for the interviewer with the 'View Interview Kit' option that appears next to scheduled interview.
Upon clicking this you will arrive at the Interview Prep Notes page with all the information the interviewer needs.