QuickBooks Time is a leading solution used for tracking employee work hours. With the Freshteam-QuickBooks Time integration, you can now easily manage and track your employee's billable hours. In this article, we will learn how to install QuickBooks Time within Freshteam.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Before you set up the integration, please note the following -
- 1-Way Sync Caution: This is a 1-way sync from Freshteam to QuickBooks Time, so once you set up the integration, please make sure that you do not edit any employee data directly on QuickBooks Time.
- Group Set Up Condition (if you have Departments on Freshteam and you want that to have synced on QuickBooks Time):
- Before Installing the Integration - Create groups on QuickBooks Time by following these steps. Please make sure that you name Groups in your QuickBooks Time account with the same spelling and case as Departments on Freshteam. For example, if you have Sales and Marketing as Departments on Freshteam, please make sure that you create groups named Sales and Marketing on QuickBooks Time. Note - These are case sensitive, so sales with a lowercase ‘s’ will not be synced correctly.
- After installation - If you create any new departments on Freshteam, please make sure you create a new identical group on QuickBooks as well before adding any new employees.
1. Go to Settings > General Settings > Integrate with other Apps > Apps. Search for QuickBooks Time from the search bar on the page or find it under Time Tracking, Accounting & Billing in the Browse by Category Section.
2. Once you open the QuickBooks Time listing, click on the Install button under the QuickBooks Time icon to initiate the installation. You will be redirected to the configuration page. The configuration page is divided into 4 parts: Connect Freshteam, Connect QuickBooks Time, Configurations and Failure Sync Log.
3. On the Connect Freshteam tab, Enter your Freshteam domain URL and API Key. You can find the API Key by clicking on your profile icon at the top-right corner of the screen. Click on Next.
4. On the Connect QuickBooks Time tab, enter your API Token. Please note that you can access the API Token only if you're an Admin. To find your API Token, log into your QuickBooks Time Account. Follow these steps to obtain your API token - https://tsheetsteam.github.io/api_docs/#obtaining-an-api-access-token. Click on Next.
5. On the Configurations tab, (This is where you decide how data flows from Freshteam to QuickBooks Time),
- Whom to Sync - This is where you decide if you want to sync all employees from Freshteam to QuickBooks time, or specific employee subsets. Once you make your selection, you can click on Show Employees to view the employees that are going to be synced. Once you’re done with this, click on Advanced to choose what data to sync, and when to trigger a sync.
- What to Sync - This is where you decide which employee fields you want to sync from Freshteam to QuickBooks Time. Once you’ve selected the fields, click on Next.
- When to Sync - This is where you decide which employee events you want to trigger a sync at - create / update / terminate or all 3. Once you’re done, click on Save and then Install.
6. Once you’ve completed the 3-part configuration, click on Install to complete the integration.
- Onboarding Employees onto QuickBooks - When you have installed the QuickBooks Time app on Freshteam or create a new employee, the employee(s) will receive an email from QuickBooks Time to set up an account.
- Viewing Timesheets - Once the app is installed, timesheet summaries can be viewed by clicking on the QuickBooks Time icon on the Employee Profile Page. To view a detailed Employees can view their own timesheet, and view the timesheets of other employees based on the viewing rules in the table below.
Updating Employee Data - Whenever you create / update / terminate an employee on Freshteam, the employee record will be automatically updated on QuickBooks Time. However, you have to make sure that the integration is configured appropriately (review the Configurations section under the Installation Guidelines for a reminder on how to choose when data is synced).
Updating Integration Configuration - To update the configuration settings of the integration, go to Settings > General Settings > Integrate with other Apps > Apps > Installed Apps and click on the Settings icon to update the settings. Make sure you click on Save for your updated configurations to take effect.
For any queries, please contact email@example.com