Freshteam offers a wildcard SSL for all users who have a career site on freshteam.com domain. This can be used as long as you continue to use the default Freshteam URL you signed up with (for example, yourcompany.freshteam.com). However, the default SSL will not work when you have pointed a custom domain name to your support portal (for example, careers.yourcompany.com)
In this case, you will have to configure a custom SSL certificate provided by Freshteam with your domain name. For this, you will need access to your domain control panel in order to add a DNS record to your custom domain.
Customers on the Blossom and Garden plans can choose to purchase the SSL certificate(s) for $60 per portal per year. Please drop an email to email@example.com should you be interested.
If you are on the Estate plan, you can request for one free SSL certificate for your career site.
Setting up custom SSL on your Career site:
- Login to your account as an Administrator.
- Go to Settings > Security.
- Under Secure Connection using SSL, click on the link which says "Use Custom SSL for your employee self-service portal and career site" (this option will be available only in Garden and Estate).
- Enter the custom URL in the respective sections and click on 'Save'.
- This will trigger an SSL request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your request and approve it.
- Check your inbox periodically for an email from our provider. Once you receive the email, please follow the instructions on it to confirm your request for an SSL certificate.
- Once done, wait for a few days and check for an update on the Settings > Security page. Once your certification is approved and done, you should see a screen with the following dialogue:
- Copy and paste the ELB name provided and create a DNS record with it in your domain control panel. If you do not know how to do this, please get in touch with your network administrator.
- Once your DNS change is propagated (can take anything between 24 to 72 hours), you should be able to see a lock icon on your address bar whenever you visit your career site.
Note: The custom SSL certificate will work only as long as your career URL and the URL you mentioned while submitting the request are the same. In case you reconfigure your Freshteam to point to a different domain, your connection will no longer be secure.