A job posting is a notice that you're looking to hire candidates for a particular position. A job posting typically describes the nature of the job, the kind of responsibilities the position entails and the typical skills the company expects from the person in that position. A job posting can have specific statuses, which denote its visibility. For instance, a job posting that is published internally will not be visible on your career site but your employees will be able to view it on the employee portal and refer candidates to it.
Creating a job posting
- Click on the "+ New" button in the top right corner of the screen and choose "Job Posting". Freshteam will open up a wizard to create a job posting. The wizard will have three main steps,
- Step 1: Choose the right Job description best suited for your job posting in a single click, you can choose from a list of sample job descriptions that we wrote for you (we have close to 50 different JDs for now and we are working on growing the list)
- Step 2: Customise your job posting by choosing or customising an existing job posting components like application form, hiring process and interview scorecard.
- Application forms - You can choose the default application form or customise one for a job posting.
- Hiring process - You can choose a hiring process that you would like the candidates to go through or customise one for a job posting.
- Interview scorecard - Add the scorecard that your interviewers will use to submit candidate feedback.
- Basic information: Consists of job role, job type, location and experience.
- Recruiter - Pick the recruiter who is going to manage this job posting.
- Hiring manager - Choose the person who submitted this requirement as the hiring manager.
- Let employees pursue this opening as career option - Enabling this option will allow employees to apply for this job posting as candidates.
More job posting related details
- Turn around time - The expected job posting closure date agreed between the hiring manager and the recruiter.
- Requisition code - Used mainly for HRIS integration purposes.
- Hiring panel - The set of people who will be collaborating with the recruiter and the hiring manager to hire the right candidate.
- Open positions - The number of job position that have to be filled for this job posting.
- Salary/ compensation - You can enter the salary range and the respective currency (you can choose to show or hide this information in site).
Statuses of a job posting
A job posting can be published globally or only to internal employees or restricted to just the hiring manager and hiring panel members, based on the status you choose.
- Publishes the "Job posting" to the career site. Once published, this job posting will be visible in both employee portal and career site to collect applications from everyone.
Save and publish internally:
- Shows the "Job posting" only to the internal employees for referring candidates. Industry best practice is to open the job posting internally first and then publish it to the world at large.
Save and make private:
- Shows the "Job posting" only to the hiring panel members i.e. hiring manager and the list of employees added under the hiring panel. Ideal if you're hiring for someone in the C-level suite and you'd like to keep the search private.
- Save it as a draft - The perfect status if your job posting form needs some information that you're not familiar with or you need someone to approve the posting.