An employee can refer a candidate to a job posting through the portal or by forwarding a resume through email. Employees can also refer candidates by sharing job postings on social channels. The first two methods are direct ways of personally referring people you know whereas the third is just you casting a wider net.
Referring candidates through the portal
- Log into your employee portal for a list of all open job postings.
- You can refer candidates by either clicking on the '+New' and choosing 'Refer a Candidate', or by going straight to the relevant job posting.
- When you do the former, you'll be asked to choose a job posting in the referral form.
- If you choose to go the job posting: click on the drop down arrow ' v ' button, next to the "Add candidate" on the right top of the screen, and select 'Refer a Candidate'.
- Fill in all the information and hit 'Submit', when you're done.
The candidate and hiring panel members will receive a notification that they [the candidate] have been added to the job posting.
Referring a candidate through email
- Compared to logging into the portal, navigating to a job posting and filling out a form, referring a candidate via email is much easier. Alternatively, if you do not see an appropriate job posting for the candidate, it is recommended to send an email than referring through employee portal.
Referring a candidate to a particular job posting:
- Every job posting in Freshteam has a unique email address; for example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you want to refer a candidate for a specific job posting, you can simply forward the candidates' profile to the relevant job email address. The candidate will be notified that they have been added to the job posting.
Referring a candidate to the candidate pool:
- If you don't find a suitable job posting for the candidate you wish to refer, you can forward the email to the generic catch-all address, email@example.com
- Similar to the above scenario, the attached candidate's resume will be added a profile and the candidate will be added under 'Email Applicants'.
Referring a candidate through social sharing
If you share a job posting on your social channels and a follower/friend applies to it by clicking on the link, you will be marked as the referrer. And you can still keep abreast of the person's progress by following up on them through 'My Referrals'.