Accessible to Admin, Account Admin, HR Partner, Limited HR Partner, Recruiter, and Limited Recruiter.
Note: If you want to make offers from Freshteam, do not forget to turn on Offer Management from General Settings > Preferences > Recruit.
The trouble with most TA teams' approach to capturing their offer letter data is that they're buried in a spreadsheet whose name people had forgotten or are lost in a pile of files and folders. Freshteam makes it easy for the recruiter to make an offer and send it as a soft copy, directly to the candidate. This information isn't just released into the cosmos after that. We can easily access it in the 'Offer' tab that gets added to the Candidate 360 when you make an offer to a candidate. Once a candidate accepts an offer, their status becomes 'Offer Accepted'.
Making an offer:
- Go to the candidate's Candidate 360 page and update the candidate's stage to 'Offer Draft' from the hiring process drop-down box. Alternatively, if you are in the Kanban view within a job posting, you can just drag the candidates to the 'Offer Draft' stage.
- Once you do, a pop-up will appear asking you to confirm making the offer.
- You can also Freeze the Job Posting right there if you are not hiring any more candidates for that role. (More on job posting statuses.)
- If you choose to make an offer: An Offer window opens up where you can fill in all information required in detail to make your offer.
- The offer configuration window has 4 sections, as explained below.
- Offer Details
- Offer Letter
- Send to Candidate
Under Offer Details, there are 4 sections.
1. The first section is to fill in the personal information of the candidate like their personal email, name, phone number, etc.,
2. The second section is the job details like the role, department, their HR Partner, etc.,
3. The third section includes extensive details on Salary, Bonus, and Stock Grants. This is where we have given a lot of fields that make the offer letter the one-stop place where you fill all details that will directly get synced to your Employee Directory when the candidate accepts the offer and becomes a new hire ready to be onboarded.
4. The final section, Other Details gives you the option to fill in the last date to accept the offer, any other notes you have to offer to the candidate, etc.,
- Click on 'Save data and continue' once you are done with filling in the details to go to your next section, Approvals where you can add approvers who need to approve the offer.
- If you have approvals enabled for Offer Management, you will get this section and whoever you have set as an approver for the job, will be required to approve in the first stage. If you want to add more approvers, you can do so by simply clicking on "Add Approval Stage" and then approver. To know more about Approvals for Offer Management before you set them up, click here.
- Once you have set up all your approval stages, click on Initiate Approval to initiate the process
Once you have your approval or if you have approved it yourself, you cannot edit the offer details. You can now send the Offer letter to the candidate. Click on Next to upload your offer letter.
This will take you to the next screen, where you can choose to upload your own offer letter or choose a relevant Offer letter template.
- Once you have uploaded your offer letter, click on Next to send the offer to your candidate.
- Freshteam gives you two options to send the offer letter, you can send it as an email or you can send it via E-sign software to get it electronically signed from the candidate. We have integrations with DocuSign and SignEasy which you can use to get your e-signatures.
- If you choose the option, send an email, you will get the email template which you can edit, add attachments to, preview and send it to the candidate.
- If you choose the option as Send for E-sign, you will see this page. Here you can add the signers required to sign the document apart from the candidate as well. Click Next.
Here, you will see the preview of the offer letter, before making the offer, you can choose which E-signing tool you want to use, from the drop-down, ie DocuSign or SignEasy. Click Make Offer to send the offer out.
- From the Candidate's 360 pages you can see what is the status of the signer's actions and finish the process marking it as Offer Accepted or Declined.
PS: After making an offer through any of the above methods, you would want to be notified about the status of the offer you made, to ensure you receive email notification about each event like after a signer has signed or an approver has approved, enable the necessary email notifications. To do this, go to Settings > Productivity > Email Notifications and Scroll to offers options and enable/disable the options based on your requirement. Here is the screenshot of this page for your reference.
Note: If you wish to send the offer letter through some other ways and want to move the candidate to the "Offered" stage alone, please disable "Offer Management" from Settings > General > Preferences > Recruit > Offer Management.
That's everything you need to know about generating and sending offers!