Does your company use Outlook for email? Update your email sync settings to mitigate errors, data inaccuracies, and email send failure.
Microsoft will disable Basic Authentication on October 1, 2022, for outlook among other solutions as per the Basic Authentication and Exchange Online – September 2021 Update. Due to this update, you need to re-sync your outlook account to ensure that your emails are sent successfully. Here’s how -
1. Click your Profile icon present in the top right corner of your Dashboard.
2. Select Email Sync Settings.
3. You would see Gmail, Office 365, and others as three tabs. Select Office 365.
4. If you have an account synced, you will see the mailbox setup information on your screen with an option to ‘Remove’. Click on ‘Remove’. If you don’t have an outlook account sync, you can skip to step 6.
5. Now you can begin setting up ( or resetting ) your outlook sync. Click on Email Sync Settings to view the three options - Gmail, Office 365 and others and select ‘Office 365’.
6. This will redirect you to your Microsoft Sign-in Page.
7. You can choose an existing account or add another as needed.
8. You will be redirected to the authenticating screen. Click Allow to enable Freshteam's integration with Office 365.
9. Once the sync is complete, the mailbox setup screen will confirm the same.
You are all set up! You can start using Freshteam to send emails to your candidates directly.