Accessible to Admin, Account Admin, HR Partner, Limited HR Partner, Recruiter, and Limited Recruiter.
Note: If you want to make offers from Freshteam, do not forget to turn on Offer Management from General Settings > Preferences > Recruit.
The trouble with most TA teams' approach to capturing their offer letter data is that they're buried in a spreadsheet whose name people had forgotten or are lost in a pile of files and folders. Freshteam makes it easy for the recruiter to make an offer and send it as a soft copy, directly to the candidate. This information isn't just released into the cosmos after that. We can easily access it in the 'Offer' tab that gets added to the Candidate 360 when you make an offer to a candidate. Once a candidate accepts an offer, their status becomes 'Offer Accepted'.
Making an offer:
- Go to the candidate's Candidate 360 page and update the candidate's stage to 'Offer Draft' from the hiring process drop-down box. Alternatively, if you are in the Kanban view within a job posting, you can just drag the candidates to the 'Offer Draft' stage.
- Once you do, a pop-up will appear asking you to confirm making the offer.
- You can also Freeze the Job Posting right there if you are not hiring any more candidates for that role. (More on job posting statuses.)
- If you choose to make an offer: A quick offer configuration wizard pops up.
- The offer configuration wizard has 4 sections, as explained below.
- Personal information: Information like the first name, middle initial, last name, personal email address, home phone number, date of birth, gender, and contact postal address of the candidate.
- Compensation and Benefits Information: Remuneration and benefit related information viz.
- Pay type - Salary, commission, etc. You can add custom pay types even as you generate an offer by clicking on '+ Add New'.
- Pay - The amount paid as compensation
- Currency - The currency in which the candidate will be paid e.g. USD, GBP, AUD, and more.
- Pay rate - The agreed tenure of pay mentioned above e.g. hourly, monthly, annually
- Pay schedule - The time interval for which the compensation will be paid
- Other benefit information - These are open text fields that let you enter the benefit's name you wish to add and the amount or unit in the right side column e.g. Annual Medical Insurance - 10000 USD, or ESOP - 500 Units, etc.,
- Employment Details: Information about the role they're being offered like job title, job role, job location, employment type, reporting manager, suggested joining date, the business unit (A.K. A division), the team (A.K. A department) and the name of the person who will be their HR contact.
- Offer Information: This section contains 'Offer validity date', by default. However, you can add custom fields to Offer information.
- Click on 'Save data and continue'. This action will save the offer to the system and load the next screen which is generating the offer letter. You can choose to upload your own offer letter or choose a relevant Offer letter template.
- Once you upload the offer letter, you have three options that you can choose to perform next.
- Send the offer to the candidate as email, Send the offer as an E-sign document to get it signed electronically or just Mark as offered and carry on the offer management offline or in any other way you want.
Note: If you want approvals to make offers, you can do so, click here to know more about Making Offer Approvals available in Freshteam.
- If you choose the first option, send as an email, you will get the email template which you can edit, add attachments to, preview and send it to the candidate.
- If you choose the option as Send for E-sign, you will see this page. Here you can add the signers required to sign the document apart from the candidate as well. Click Next.
Here, you will see the preview of the offer letter, before making the offer, you can choose which E-signing tool you want to use, from the drop-down, ie DocuSign or SignEasy. Click Make Offer to send the offer out.
- From the Candidate's 360 page you can see what is the status of the signers actions and finish the process marking it as Offer Accepted or Declined.
Note: If you wish to send the offer letter through some other ways and want to move the candidate to the "Offered" stage alone, please disable "Offer Management" from Settings > General > Preferences > Recruit > Offer Management.
That's everything you need to know about generating and sending offers!