Automated anonymization of candidate data
Freshteam allows you to automatically anonymize the data of the following set of candidates:
Inactive or rejected candidates
Uncontacted candidates (not contacted via email for a finite period of time)
Talent pool candidates (who have given consent to store their personal data)
NOTE: The anonymization of data deletes all the PII (Personally Identifiable Information) of the respective candidates. The remaining data is kept intact to ensure that the remaining data can be used for reports.
You can define the period after which the data of the above-listed set of candidates will be anonymized. Here is how to set this up:
- Click on the Settings options from the left menu in your dashboard.
- Go to Settings > General Preferences > Preferences
- In the General tab on the Settings page, click on the Configure button near the GDPR option. This will lead you to the GDPR configurations page.
- Turn on the Data Retention Rule flag
- Specify the desired period (in months) in the 3 options available for inactive candidates, uncontacted candidates, and the candidates in the Talent Pool
NOTE: The data retention period will be calculated from the date a candidate's status changes.
NOTE: Old candidate's personally identifiable information(PII) will be anonymized only when the candidate's status changes, such as Rejected.
Manual anonymization of candidate data (one-by-one)
You can also anonymize data for specific candidates manually. This is handy to cater to individual anonymization requests that might come your way.
Here are the steps to do this:
Go to the Recruitment > Recruit option from the left menu in your Dashboard.
Click on the Job for which the respective candidate has applied.
Click on the Candidate to open her/his candidate profile.
Click on the three dots in the top left corner of the candidate profile to open up the menu.
Click on the Anonymize option.
- Click on the Confirm button to complete the anonymization of Candidate data.