Freshteam's View Future Balance option helps employees to plan their Time Off based on the Time Off balance that would be available for them on a future date.
As an employee, here are the steps to view your Time Off statement in Freshteam.
1. From the left menu, go to Time-off > My Time Off
2. Click on the View Future Balance button on the left panel in the screen that appears.
3. On the Employee time off page click View Future Balance.
4. You would see the Future Balance Calculator screen slide in from the right. Select the Time Off type and the future Date at which you want to calculate the Time Off balance.
5. You would be able to see the estimated Future Balance in the label on the right side as highlighted below.
6. You also be able to see a list of upcoming events when the Time Off balance would be debited or credited for the chosen Time Off type until the mentioned date.
Here are some terminologies that you might find useful in the context of the above screenshot.
Time Off event: The type of time-off event for which the time off was applied (Includes accruals & Lapsed time-off)
Dates Applicable: The duration for which the time-off event was applied
Days: The number of days for which the time-off event took place (Includes Time off lapsed & accruals)
Balance: The remaining number of days in one's time-off post-applied time off event
Accruals Credited: Event which corresponds to Time Off that an employee has earned but not yet used. This time off is then carried over to the next year or is paid out when an employee leaves the company. As a company, how many days are allowed to be carried forward is made of several combinations of teams, departments, regions and so on. Freshteams’ Time Off statement and its details make it easy for employees to view their Time Off and how accruals work based on their respective policies.
Time Off Lapsed: Event that corresponds to Time Off that got lapsed due to exceeding the max cap on the Time Off type. The capping on Time Off Type can be defined while creating the policy. Similarly for Time off lapsed, through Time off statement and its details, employees can look through, how the policy accommodates lapsing of time off