Accessible to Admin, Account Admin and HR Partner.
While you set up your time-off policy, you can granularly set up the workflow for each time-off type.
- You can choose the number of days an employee can apply for the time-off type after exhausting the given balance in Overflow.
- You can allow Attaching Documents while applying for more than a certain number of days in a time-off type.
- You can also restrict employees from editing applied leaves or submitting new leaves for past dates in a time frame to avoid discrepancies.
We will now quickly see how all of this is done.
- Enable the "Eligible to Overflow" checkbox in the timeoff type of your choice ( eg: sick or earned or maternity etc.,)
- Set the Overflow limit, ie, the number of days your employees can apply after exhausting their balance.
- For eg, if your employees are done with their sick leave balance but need some more days off when they fall sick, they can apply up to the number of days allowed as overflow. In this case, 10 days are allowed.
2. Attach Documents
- If you want your employees to attach documents like " Conference Completion Certificate" or " Medical Certificate" while applying their Timeoff, you can enable " Allow employees to attach documents" checkbox under the timeoff type.
- If you want to set a catch on the scenarios where they attach documents, ie, if you want your employees to compulsorily attach documents if they apply for more than a specific number of days, then mark the next checkbox, " Mark attachments are mandatory for time-off requests more than" as eligible. Specify the number of days above which they have to attach a document mandatorily. That is, if an employee applies for more than 5 days, attach the document.
3. Back Date
- If you do not want your employees to apply or cancel time off beyond a particular date, allow Back-dated Employee Time off actions checkbox.
- This is done to avoid discrepancies in employee actions and also to ensure company reports are not tampered without notice.
- Set your Allowance limit ie, the number of days till which your employees can adjust or edit their timeoff history.
Let's say it is 10, it means, from the current day till the last 10 days, edits are allowed, beyond which they are not.
For example, today is March 16th, 2020. This means your employees as of today can edit their balances till March 6th and not any past than that.
That's it, you now know how to make overflow, documents attachments and backdates work in Freshteam. Get going !