Please do this on Jan 1st 2020 (or anytime after the last holiday of 2019)
This step is important for your employees to be able to request time off for the year 2020.
1. Go to settings > holiday calendar.
2. Click on "Holiday Calendar" button as shown below.
3. Setup the new calendar on the screen that pops up. To do this, you will need the list of holidays for 2020. Once you are done with the list, click on the Save button. Please pick the dates manually instead of using the Add from template option.
4. Go to Settings > Policy. Edit the active time off policy (all active time off policies assigned to employees have to be updated).
6. On the following screen, go to Holiday & Workweek step.
7. Choose the newly created holiday calendar from the drop-down menu and click on the Save button.
The new holiday calendar will now be updated for all employees.
1. What will happen to the holidays of 2019 once this is done?
- The holidays of 2019 will not be impacted.
2. What would happen if someone had requested for time off for a day in 2020 and it is assigned as a holiday in the newly set up holiday calendar?
- The time off needs to be canceled by the employee if it falls on a holiday.
Please reach out to email@example.com for any other queries.